Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Update

Dear Second Grade Parents,
        Well, St. Patrick's Day has come and gone and thankfully that sly little SHA leprechaun read my letter and did not move our desks and chairs.  The class was a bit disappointed, but they too were grateful they did not have a little mess to clean up.  The delicious cupcakes helped to ebb the disappointment too.
        The class and I have been busy wrapping up our unit on Ancient Greece.  Tomorrow is the unit test and next week we will have a literature test on the Greek myths.  Truth be told, the class and I have been enjoying all of the Greek myths and are quite reluctant to move on from them.  I may create a little bonus activity to wrap the literature end of Ancient Greece.  I will let you know by next week.
       In science, our unit on nutrition and healthy eating is well under way.  We have been discussing our individual eating habits and I am quite impressed by the healthy eating habits of our second graders.  Well done, Parents!  You have taught them well!
   In other news, do not forget next Friday is our field trip to the San Diego Botanical Gardens.  I want to thank you for your prompt response with the permission slip and fee.  It is greatly appreciated.  I will notify  parent drivers in this Friday's folder if your assistance is needed.  Unfortunately, the number of parent drivers is limited to 3 so, I will be unable to accomadate all the requests to volunteer. The good news is that I have more field trips in the works so hopefully those will fall on dates you are able to attend.  Thank you for  giving so generously of your time.  The children and I appreciate it!
   Well, that is all for now.  I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.  Take care and God bless.
Sincerely,
Ms. Eileen Sepulveda
Your Second Grade Teacher

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower. Hop on over and visit my blog! I'm a newbie also!

    Cynthia

    www.2ndgradepad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete