Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy February!!!

Dear Second Grade Parents,
          I just want to thank all of you for the support you give to your children.  I know many of you spent quite a bit of time assisting your "little presidents", or "first ladies" in preparation of their big speech, but let me tell you, it was worth it.  Each student did an AMAZING job and I am so very proud of how much they learned.  I was so proud of them, I had to show off.  Kindergarten came into the classroom to hear the speeches and then the second graders made appearances throughout the school to share their knowledge.  It was a great experience and I have never known a class so eager to do something different.  Thank you, parents for helping to make it happen!
          Now, on to "Read Across America Day"!  This Thursday is "Read Across America Day" and the second grade is marking the day by celebrating the birthday of Dr. Suess.  The class and I will be reading some of his "bigger" books and completing activities throughout the week to enhance reading skills (sequencing, cause and effect, fact vs opinion, etc).  To mark Thursday as a special day, our fabulous room mom, Ann Wieczorek, has graciously (I only had to twist her arm a little), volunteered to make a Suesstastic treat that will be enjoyed at recess- Yum!  Stop by if you would like to see the Suessational fun.
       I believe that is all for now.  I am getting ready to plan a field trip for March.  Stay tuned for details.  In the mean time, have a fantastic week and thank you for all you do to make SHA a wonderful place to learn. Take care and God bless!
Sincerely,
Eileen Sepulveda
YOur Second Grade Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment